Monday, June 14, 2010

Library Bag

Another follow up to my Preserving and Repurposing T-Shirts post:
  I got this shirt for 99 cents at Family Thrift.  It's a child's large 
and I thought it would make a good throw pillow, maybe for the boy's room.

But then I thought it would make a good bag for library books, although being a child's shirt it isn't super roomy.  Plus if I change my mind later I can still make a little throw pillow out of it.  I sewed a French seam in the bottom of the shirt, which is just a fancy way of saying that I sewed the bottom together while the shirt was still right side out. This assures that you don't have unfinished edges after you sew it together.  Then I sewed the bottom seam right sides together.  Since t-shirt fabric doesn't fray all you have to do is cut off the collar and sleeves to make a bag opening.   


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails