Monday, July 26, 2010

From Mauve to Mahvelous, Part 1

Welcome to Theme Week: Totally 80s!

Back in the 80s, mauve was the hot color and we apparently didn't pronounce it correctly.  (It rhymes with "rove"...and I still think it feels weird to say it the right way.)  Thrift stores are rife with things that are obviously from the 1980s and well, really tired-looking:  hearts, ducks, mauve, sad "country" blue, peach.  It's kind of a challenge to re-imagine and update them.  That's what this week is all about.  (Though, seriously, I think I might have to draw the line at ducks.  The challenge may be too great.  Are you up for it?  I may have an Update a Duck link party...)

Here is my first victim.


Would you like a rocking horse with that raffia?
Babygirl needs a make-under.

News flash!  I like to paint things black.  I could have painted her red but that would have required a purchase and I'm stash-busting, folks.  I roughed up the edges with sandpaper to make her "shabby chic" et puis voilà!


Doesn't she look mahvelous?


Linked to:


HouseofGrace




The Gypsy's Corner

1 comment:

I love reading your comments. Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails