Monday, May 10, 2010

Little (Bird)house

I was so preoccupied yesterday fixing up this little birdhouse for my mom's Mother's Day present.  (Sorry the before pictures are blurry but they're all I have.)
Under the perch it said something like "Wren Inn"



Oops, now she knows how much I paid for it!  
Seriously, how could you pass up something that costs a dime?

I got some beautiful new papers at Archiver's on Saturday and I would love to show you how I dolled this baby up with paint, paper, and Mod Podge, but I'd like it to be a surprise for her and won't see her until next weekend.  I'm pretty sure she checks in here because she's wonderful like that (Hi Mom!)
So the little birdhouse reveal will have to wait.  However, my 3-year-old neighbor was so enthralled with the finished product that he had a hard time keeping his hands off it while I was taking pictures so I decided to make him a little house of his own.  His was a little 20 cent number I had laying around from Goodwill.  I didn't take a before picture of his but it looked very similar to this:

Not pretty.

Now it's a crazy colorful mix of dots,

stars and stripes.

(Don't worry, Mom.  I went with a totally different theme for you.)

It's missing something though.  That grass I snipped for the front is blending in.

You know, one of my neighbors likes to garden and put a box of flowers outside my front window.  When you open the curtain, they are right there.  I love it.
So sweet!

I think Aidan's house needs some flowers too.  And some cartoonish window panes...

(Please excuse the little scrap of paper hiding his house number!)

You know, maybe this could be a "bird" house for Aidan after all...
 Yep, I think it's finished.


  

4 comments:

  1. This is so so cute! Love the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now I'm the one who's tickled! I can hardly wait to see the finished project, but in the mean time I'm enjoying the blog and the cute little number you did for Aidan. I'd be willing to bet he loves it. You're a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails