Monday, May 31, 2010

Sewing Stool Makeover


I got this sewing stool at Goodwill for $8.


I was reluctant because the price seemed a little high but the hidden storage and the functionality won me over.


It's made by Burlington and similar stools are available for upwards of $50 on eBay (here and here).
It was covered in vinyl with a very "Spirit of '76" theme: cannons, eagles and whatnot.  Not to mention the shiny gold trim which must be the trademark of Burlington sewing stools:


I painted the legs and inside black.  I covered it with the lovely Perfect Pattern fabric.



In keeping with the sewing theme, I used tape measures for the trim.


I sewed a double pocket onto the inside of the lid like there had been on the original.


Another look:
before

after

before

after

before

after

I'm trying to be cool about it but the truth is, it's so cute it makes me want to squeal.


Linking to Reinvented's Trash to Treasure Tuesday

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute you should squeal. I love the way you used the sewing measuring tape as trim.
    Way cute. Definitely squeal worthy.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...IT IS DARLING!!! This is my favorite piece yet...but I have to say the pin cushion was pretty fricking cute. You are so crafty! I LOVE this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I'm amazed that you thought to put the measuring tape on for trim. SO creative! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS! That measuring tape idea is perfect! You did a great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails